10 Job Opportunities at Amref Tanzania, Project Drivers
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania (Amref Tz) is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) has strategically selected Amref Tz as its sub grantee under its recently awarded U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis (CH3P-HIV&TB) -Northern Activity. Under C3HP, EGPAF and its partners offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV, tuberculosis (TB), and family planning (FP) services across each continuum of care. Under the C3HP, Amref Tz brings its deep expertise on strategic community engagement for improved health outcomes, and will work to ensure community services are reaching target populations, specifically women and girls, children, young people, and other vulnerable groups. The C3HP-HIV&TB Northern will be implemented for five years (2021 – 2026) in five regions including Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Manyara, Singida and Dodoma regions. The C3HP team will collaborate with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), and the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Regional and Districts Local Governments’ Authorities to ensure increased demand for and use of quality HIV, TB, and FP services, leading to improved health outcomes. With this, Amref Tz is announcing the following positions to be filled for this project:
Position: Project Drivers (10 posts)
Reports to: Regional Administration Officer
Location: Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Manyara, Dodoma, Singida
The Project Driver is responsible to provide driving services to program/program support staffs in the assigned offices or field, to enhance accomplishment of the daily planned projects activities. It also includes taking care for a vehicle by keeping safely the vehicle’s tools and assisting in identifying any vehicle mechanical fault and services. And reporting any discrepancies noted to accountant cum administration officer or designated person for immediate action. Administratively reports to the team lead, is responsible for ensuring smooth administration of the Program Office as well as providing oversight on administrative policies and procedures for the Program Office, logistics and general office administration support. Project driver should be able to support all movements of documents that will be engaged
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transporting program staffs and visitors to field areas and airport to accomplish the assigned or planned daily tasks
- Drive staff on short and long field trips as per daily program requests
- Ensure a vehicle is refueled in advance before any departure to field activities or any assigned duty
- Maintains and adheres to road traffic policies and procedures as per Tanzania Government laws.
- Transporting project materials from program office to field areas where items are required for use.
- Responsible for receiving and drive program or projects guests or visitors that are attending official field activities in assigned geographical area.
- Drive partner staff to project areas as directed by immediate supervisor
- At all times, implement established safety and security measures/procedures
- At all times, fully comply with established CO vehicle management policy and procedures.
- Maintenance and taking care of a vehicle
- Fills out vehicle’s log books, recording each trip as specified in the request form
- Maintains regularly schedule for service of vehicles
- Providing information to the administrator when a vehicle is due for service
- Providing information to the administrator in case of accidents or minor accidents or any vehicle mechanical fault
- Taking care for a vehicles tools and cleanliness
- Proving information to the administrator when vehicles insurance is due for renewal
- Ensure that all time a vehicle is washed and kept clean ready for work
- Ensure that a vehicle’s doors and windows are locked to ensure safety and security of a vehicle while in motion and where it is parked.
- Ensure that car park area is identified and car is secure
- Ensure that vehicle safety and security equipment are working properly.
- Preparation of his/her monthly Personal Activity Report-PAR
- Responding to any assignment given by his/her superiors
- O level certificate
- Mechanical training
- A valid Class C Clean Driving License
- At least 4 years driving experience
- Mechanics from VETA
- Advanced driving certificate from NIT
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS December 08, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- 5 Job Opportunities at Amref Tanzania, SBCC Officer
- 2 Job Opportunities at U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam, Housing Assistant
- 18 Job Opportunities Mwanza at CUHAS BUGANDO – Various Posts
- Job Opportunity at NMB Bank, Core Banking System Administrator
- Job Opportunity at OreCorp Tanzania Limited, Storekeeper