2 New Job Opportunity at Aga Khan Foundation
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
Programme Director – Madrasa Zanzibar
The Programme Director provides technical and strategic leadership of MECP in Zanzibar and is responsible for upholding MECP’s mission and values across all MECP programmes, staff members, and communications. The Programme Director is responsible for effective management and leadership of MECP in Zanzibar. The Programme Director will lead on and be the custodian of MECP’s technical strategy and ensure all programmes are designed and delivered in a manner that enables MECP to achieve its strategic goals. The Programme Director will be responsible for quality assurance across all areas of the organisation including programme implementation, financial management, Human Resource management, and reporting
- Strategic Leadership: In collaboration with the National Board, AKF, MECP staff, and diverse MECP partners and stakeholders, ensure MECP-Z’s technical programme strategy is evidence-based, meets the need of children and communities in Zanzibar, and is aligned to the broader Regional strategic framework:
- Lead on the technical strategy for MECP at the country level
- Effectively communicate technical strategy with all MECP staff in Zanzibar to develop an agreed understanding of strategic direction
- Programme Quality: Coordinate processes and the team to ensure Programme Quality with all projects being delivered on time, on budget, and with quality. This will include, but not limited to.
- Ensure programme quality processes are in-place and conducted (including annual planning and budgeting, site visits, and regular programme reviews);
- Ensure all narrative reports submitted are technically accurate, timely and representative of programme progress;
- Facilitating programme/activity iterations based on learning and development of new, technical materials to respond to emerging needs and opportunities, and;
- Ensure all programming is aligned to community needs and MECP strategy and contributes to MECP mission and values.
- Organisational Management and Growth: Ensure internal organisational and staff capacity development and lead, in collaboration with AKF, on developing new business development opportunities:
- Human Resource management, growth, and retention and develop a conducive and inclusive working environment for all staff.
- With the support of AKF, develop and implement country resource mobilisation strategy
- Partnerships and Representation: Ensure MECP develops and maintains high-quality relationships with diverse partners (including funding, government, and technical) and community members as well as represent MECP in national and international fora:
- Build strong relationships with government, development partners, and civil society organisations
- Represent MECP at the national, regional, and international levels with respect to ECD
- Internal and External communications: Ensure MECP is effectively communicating internally (including through AKF’s newly established ICT enabled communication platforms) and externally to maintain MECP’s organisational profile, technical influence, and to grow MECP’s image
- Diversity, Inclusion, and safeguarding: Ensure MECP’s pluralistic values are demonstrated internally, externally, and all programming in respectful and inclusive of people from diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, religion, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, and disability. Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards towards all staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries of the organisation.
- Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent in Development, Education, ECD or related field
- Minimum four years senior management experience
- Experience in management, leadership and mentoring staff with willingness to visit programmes in the field
- Experience developing relationships with government and development partners to generate income and influence policy and practice
- Excellent communication skills, able to make strong presentations and produce high quality written reports
- Experience of working across geographical, organisation boundaries, cultures & diverse stakeholders.
- Strategic Thinking and Communication
- Creativity and Innovation
- Influence and Negotiation
2 New Job Opportunity at Aga Khan Foundation
Aga Khan Foundation
- Office Premises Cleaning
- Maintain and ensure all internal and external environment are clean and well maintained.
- Prepare and serve hot and cold beverages to staff and visitors as required.
- Ensure that water of use in the building is always available and in case of shortage report for delivery to be made.
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to the supervisor.
- Ensure the office is locked and secured after office hours.
- Reception /Administration Roles
- Work as the executive assistant to Project Manager.
- Checking inventory levels and ordering new supplies in addition to keeping the records updated.
- Physical check incoming goods against purchase orders/invoices and issue GRNs; Returning damaged goods to vendors.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment’s
- Organizing business travels, itineraries and accommodation for staffs and ensure all payments are initiated in timely manner.
- Attend to all incoming and outgoing mails
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system including retrieving documents from filing system and handle requests for information and data.
- Managing the generator and ensuring that it has enough fuel and switched on when there is electricity break down.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor (s)
- Certificate or Diploma level with at least two years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Additional qualification as an administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
- Strong accountability, inter-personal skills and working collaboratively with the internal project team and non-project partners.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swahili language, Strong team player, creative and problem-solving skill.
- Commitment to safeguarding Policies and guidelines
The deadline for submitting the application is 17 August 2021.