This requires students to have knowledge of how to ask for directions and identify the four points of a compass; using various prepositions such as: near to, in front of, beside, behind, under, adjacentto,between, on, in, to, by, at, into, onto, etc. for different situations.
Words used when giving directions
- Go straight
- Cross bridge
- Turn left
- Keep straight
- Turn right
- You will see
- Cross junction
- Walk along
Important issues when giving directions
- Use basic English to offer directions.
- Short phrases are best.
- Speak slowly.
- Use clear pronunciation.
- Spell out words if necessary.
In giving directions:
- Use transitions: After that, then, next, when you get to……… go
- Specify distance: Some people feel better knowing how long it will take to get to their destination, example “it’s about five minutes away.”
- Use landmarks:“You will see large clock”, “You will see blue large building.”
- More useful language: It’s on [street name], It’s opposite …., It’s near …..
- Repeat yourself: If you repeat the direction again, the other person will feel comfortable.
- Clarify:Make sure that the person understands your directions, example “did you get all that?”
- Don’t guess: I am sorry, I’m not from here, I’m afraid I can’t help you.”
Four Points of the Compass
JE UNAMILIKI SHULE AU BIASHARA NA UNGEPENDA IWAFIKIE WALIO WENGI?BASI TUNAKUPA FURSA YA KUJITANGAZA NASI KWA BEI NAFUU KABISA BOFYA HAPA KUJUA
But for more post and free books from our site please make sure you subscribe to our site and if you need a copy of our notes as how it is in our site contact us any time we sell them in low cost in form of PDF or WORD.
UNAWEZA JIPATIA NOTES ZETU KWA KUCHANGIA KIASI KIDOGO KABISA:PIGA SIMU:0787237719
SHARE THIS POST WITH FRIEND