Writing Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Curriculum vitae is a document that lists a person’s education qualifications, work experience and interests.
A curriculum vitae (CV) sometimes is required as an attachment application letters as an advertisement for your skills.
Your personal information should keep changing in order to suit with each new job application.
The Americans call as CV ‘resume” while the British calls it Curriculum vitae (CV).
There are three (3) basic types of CV namely:
- Chronological CV –put emphasis on historical development on your career / professional.
- Functional CV—emphasis on skills and capabilities,
- Combine both functional and chronological styles (CV).
A SAMPLE OF A CV
PERSONAL INFORMATION/ DATA:
SURNAME : KAPALALE
FIRST NAME : ALEX
MIDDLE NAME : ANDREW
DATE OF BIRTH: January 20, 1988
NATIONALITY : TANZANIAN
MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED
HOME ADDREES: P.O.BOX 890, DAR ES SALAAM
PRESENT ADDRESS: P.O.BOX, 334, ARUSHA
TEL. NUMBER: 0748-564451/02663
E-MAIL: [email protected]
|2011-2014||UNIVERSITY OF DODOMA||BACHELOR DEGREE|
|2009-2011||MAWENI HIGH SCHOOL||ADVANCED LEVEL CERTIFICATE|
|2005-2008||UWELENI SECONDARY SCHOOL||ORDINARY LEVEL CERTIFICATES|
|2001-2007||IMAGE PRIMARY SCHOOL||PSLE CERTIFICATE|
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION/ WORKING EXPERIENCE:
- 2013-2014 – Tutorial Assistant – University of Dar Es Salaam
- 2014-2015 – Teacher at St. Anthony Of Padua Secondary School
- 2011-201 – Teaching Practice at Alfa Germs High School
- 2010 – Training on Computer Literacy- Certificate.
- 2015 – Part time Lecturer at AJUCO University
PERSONAL INTEREST /HOBBIES:
- Reading newspapers
- Sports and games
- Kiswahili – excellent
- English – very good
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Reading novels
- doing body exercise
Prof. Mwikinda Izadin,
Dr. Said Said,
Mwl .Emmanuel Lihawa,
Imagine you want to secure a job at Maven Tea Producers Company, write a CV which should beattached with your letter.