Job Opportunity At Aleka Holdings Limited,Medical Manufacturing
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Aleka Holdings Limited
Job Description for General Manager- Medical Manufacturing
Aleka Industries is a Tanzanian based medical manufacturing company focused on manufacturing high quality consumable protective wear and gear with a factory in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Aleka seeks to fill the role of a General Manager responsible for all aspects of the manufacturing facility, and has accountability and oversight of the plant’s profits and losses. The General Manager is expected to take a hands-on approach to management strategies and plans, and to guide and direct the plant operations to achieve plant objectives in safety, quality, production output, delivery and customer satisfaction.
The role is open to worldwide candidates. We will provide relocation assistance to ensure a smooth transition to working and living in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Company Policies, Business Development, & Operations
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the business operations including; purchasing and importing raw materials, shipping/receiving, scheduling, manufacturing, warehousing, quality assurance, marketing, sales and customer service.
- Control, understand, and support all operational aspects including; revenue growth, profit, technical operations & production, quality, plant production development, health & safety, finance and compliance.
- Prepare an annual manufacturing plan and policy guidelines to drive the performance of key result areas on production activities and continuous implementation monitoring.
- Establish and execute optimized manufacturing processes including optimizing manufacturing units and team structures to improve the standard efficiencies in terms of machine efficiencies, material yields, labor and overhead costs versus budget. Document and establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for these processes.
- Implement a Plant Performance Tracking System which includes the key performance indicators covering manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, human resource levels, and finance.
- Support the development and update of company policies, SOPs, technical documents and other required documents as is requested by management. Ensure that quality standards and SOPs are understood and meet acceptable limits in the manufacturing and distribution process. Assure that policies and documentation are current and the facility is compliant with customer audit requirements.
- Oversee the cost-effective management of all outsourced transportation services in consistency with budgeted levels of costs.
- Work to ensure that the facility’s financial goals are met, including monthly profitability and EBITDA targets. Constantly assess and research operational efficiency and cost saving opportunities, lead and monitor all progress in capturing savings opportunities.
- Work with the Operations & Facilities member to ensure that the facility’s operational activities and tactical actions are executed to optimize the plant’s working capital.
- Monitor the facility’s equipment needs, maintenance schedules and processes, and ensure that the technical team is working to keep the companys’ equipment and physical facilities properly maintained.
- Enforce all company policies, including safety, production, quality, sales, human resources, customer service and accounting policies.
- Implement, drive, and sustain key initiatives that support plant strategic goals.
- Drive standardization practices across the company, aligning with other branches.
- Manage and maintain all costs in accordance with budgets and strategic goals.
Human Resources & Team Management
- Oversee all employee management, while being a champion for safety at the facility.
- Oversee the hiring and training of facility personnel.
- Work with Human Resources to seek out ways to motivate and develop employees.
- Coach and develop staff to build high performing teams. Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance driven culture. Assign stretch assignments to further train and enhance staff development.
- Promote cross-training to optimize workforce, ensure functional coverage, reduce labor costs, and support succession planning.
- Provide information to various corporate personnel in a timely manner, including daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements and other ad hoc information requests.
The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires the selected candidate to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally. Selectively, the candidate may be expected to support special projects as are reasonably required of the role.
The candidate is responsible for their allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with their Line Manager. They must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation.
Qualifications Required by the Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering, other Engineering or Business or someone with previous direct experience in medical devices manufacturing.
- 8+ years of progressive manufacturing experience, preferably currently having same role (GM) in a manufacturing company OR with at least 10 years of increasing management responsibility in a manufacturing environment
- Strong operational experience with the ability to establish and measure KPIs.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven financial acumen.
- Experience in managing continuous improvement projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- APICS, CQE, Six sigma or Continuous Improvement credentials preferred
- Possess working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques including: Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, Visual Management and JIT Lean manufacturing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft Office
- Languages required – English and ability to learn with time basic Swahili
Job Opportunity At Aleka Holdings Limited,Medical Manufacturing
Special Working Conditions
The candidate may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies.
Flight, accommodation, visa, and insurance will be provided by the company.
Deadline for submission is September 25, 2021. Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Remuneration is competitive with market standards.