Job Opportunity at Career Options Africa, Supply Chain Advisor
Beware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
Our client is a well-established International Development Company. The Client is seeking to fill the position of Supply Chain Advisor in Tanzania & Zanzibar with a suitably qualified and competent Supply Chain professional.
Reporting to the Country Lead TZ & ZZ, the Supply Chain Advisor will collaborate with MSD/CMS, GPSA WHO and relevant organs of MOH to implement an NTD supply chain management system for the procurement, storage and delivery of NTD drugs and commodities from the central Medical Stores to all parts of the country. Provide Support to ensure timely ordering, procurement and recipient of required commodities for planned NTD activities, support in-country inventory management and reporting as required. He/She will ensure coordination of the MOH NTD program with in-country partners on supply chain issues (WHO, Central Medical Stores) to ensure availability of NTD commodities including at the last mile. He/She will also be responsible for building capacity of in-country staff in supply chain management for NTD commodities. Provide support to JAP Country applications to ensure timely and accurate submission. Work closely with the District through Program Manager to ensure time distribution and consumption of NTD Drugs and ensuring reverse logistics is properly conducted.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Providing technical support to the NTD Control Program in forecasting of PC medicines donated by various donors including WHO, International Trachoma Initiative (ITI), Task Force for Global Health
- Ensuring that timely and accurate Country JAP applications are submitted by the supported countries
- Supporting the implementation of NTD supply chain management guidelines for management of NTD essential medicines.
- Providing overall NTD supply chain coordination including training on general supply chain management for NTD programme staff (including NTD Program Pharmacist) and community drug distributors.
- Operating and maintaining an effective inventory management system that fosters accountability of NTD medicines and strengthens supply chain audits to minimise wastage.
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date manual and electronic inventory records for NTD medicines including lot numbers and expiration dates at all levels of the country supply chain
- Sharing regular inventory information with ARISE Country and Regional Teams as well as with NTD Program Manager
- In collaboration with MSD and CMS; ensure reliable and well-functioning distribution system for all NTD supplies and monitor drug storage and security at all levels
- In collaboration with MSD and CMS and other partners, facilitate customs clearance of NTD medicines and other supplies imported or donated to the Ministry of Health in Tanzania and Zanzibar
- Work with Districts through the NTD Program Manager to ensure timely usage of NTDs drugs according to First Expiry First Out (FEFO) principle to maximize the shelf life of the drugs.
- Coordinate physical stock taking at the district pharmacies and report to the NTD Program Manager.
- Facilitate in medicines reverse logistics from the facility level to the district pharmacy at the end of MDA activities
- Identify bottlenecks in drug and supply management at provincial and district levels and provide technical assistance to resolve them.
- Assist in collecting data related to serious adverse events (SAEs) from the Districts and reporting on such events to the National NTD Program Manager and Tanzania Food and Drugs Authority/Zanzibar Food and Drug Agency
- Monitor report and investigate any instance of product misuse, diversion or fraud.
- Submit regular performance report to the NTD Program Manager and the ARISE Country Lead.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the NTD Program Manager
- Provide technical assistance (TA)if requested to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), tools and systems to assist MoH in inventory management and other aspects of supply chain management that will assure the availability and quality of NTD medicines and other commodities.
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening national and regional level pharmaceutical supply chains and build expertise in monitoring and supervision.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisors
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree in International Affairs/ Development, Public health, Logistics management, Systems and /or Health administration or Comparable education.
- 6 Years’ experience in health commodity logistics, supply chain capacity building and management in developing country contexts.
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of key concepts, practices in supply chain, procurement and logistics management
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of international rules and regulations on procurement and supply chain management.
- Ability to develop and summarize technical information in policy briefs and documents that inform high level decision making.
- Experience with successfully leading large international health programs and systems strengthening actions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and working collaboratively in teams and across the inter-agency to achieve results.
- Ability to motivate self and work with others towards achieving common goals.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks that optimizes your productivity and that of others.
Job Opportunity at Career Options Africa, Supply Chain Advisor
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING THE RIGHT PERSON
We are offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.careeroptionsafricagroup.com and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position.
Send CV only to [email protected] by 26th September 2021 with subject heading, as SUPPLY CHAIN ADVISOR. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CVs are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.