Job Opportunity at EAC-CASSOA, Senior Information Technology Officer
Senior Information Technology Officer (P2)
The Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (EAC-CASSOA) is a self accounting institution of the East African Community. The Agency is looking for a highly motivated, result-driven and qualified professional from citizens of the Republics of Burundi and South Sudan to fill the following position in the Agency.
GRADE: Professional Grade P2
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DURATION OF CONTRACT: Five years, renewable once upon satisfactory performance and age limit requirements
DUTY STATION: CASSOA Headquarters Entebbe, Uganda
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior Information Technology Officer (SITO) is responsible and accountable for the smooth running of EAC-CASSOA computer systems, implementation and maintenance of all IT related projects of the Agency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the IT department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation and planning,
- Manages information technology and computer systems of the Agency,
- Plans, organises, controls and evaluates IT and electronic data operations of the Agency,
- Designs, develops, implements and coordinates systems, policies and procedures of the Agency,
- Identifies problematic areas, implements strategic solutions to them in time and develops preventive measures to deter their re-occurrence,
- Audits systems and assesses their outcomes,
- Preserves IT assets, information security and control structures,
- Supervises and assesses the performance of Information Technology Officer,
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals,
- Ensures that the data hosting provider is reliable and safe,
- Ensures security of data, network access and backup systems,
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the management and end users regarding pertinent IT activities,
- Regularly maintains and updates information on the Agency website,
- Ensures Agency IT systems and infrastructure are kept up to date and secure,
- Develops an information/data disaster recovery and backup scheme for the Agency,
- Prepares the Annual Programme of Activities and Budget for the department,
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science /Computer Engineering/ Information Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized university. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology is a must.
- Practical Knowledge supported with certificates in web designing/development, programming, hardware maintenance and networking is an added advantage.
- At least eight years’ experience in the field of Information Technology, particularly in area of data management, systems administration and Integration, three of which in senior position.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, • Analytical, strong problem-solving skills/ troubleshooting capabilities,
- Quick learner,
- Flexibility and ability to cope with change,
- Team player , and • Attention to detail.
ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATIONS
This vacancy is open to citizens of the Republics of Burundi and South Sudan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The above is an established position within the Agency’s organization structure and is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once subject to satisfactory performance and age limit requirements.
All candidates applying for the above position must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner States. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
The established position offers a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits including house allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme and insurance cover among others.
AGE LIMIT REQUIREMENT
The Agency Staff Rules and Regulations stipulate that no candidate above the age of 55 years will be considered for employment in the Agency.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send the following:
Signed application letters,
– Duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA Personal History Form,
– Photocopies of academic degrees,
– Professional certificates/licenses, and
– A copy of national identity card, birth certificate or passport showing the date of birth not later than 18th January 2022, quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for. The application documents should be sent via email (all soft copies should be in PDF format and organized in one file) or in hard copies and addressed to:
P O Box 873,
Email: [email protected]
Please do not send multiple applications!
1. The recruitment of the above job will be subject to the EAC Quota system.
2. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
3. Applications which do not indicate nationality and age, the reference number, and do not include a signed application letter, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA personal history form (Click Here to download), copies of academic degrees/ certificates and three referees shall be disqualified.
4. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Opportunity at Aqua Cool Limited, Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Job Opportunity at Tanfoam Ltd, Sales Executive
- Job Opportunity at Danish Refugee Council, Programme Coordinator/ Coordinatrice de Programme
- Job Opportunity at Muhimbili National Hospital, Medical Specialist II (Oncology)(Re-advertised) at Muhimbili National Hospital
- 6 Job Opportunities at PATH Tanzania