Job Opportunity at NACOPHA, Project Finance Director
Be aware of Job Scammers!
Please Never Pay Money To Get A Job!
SHARE THIS POST ON WHATSAPP
Job Vacancy: Project Finance Director
Location: Dares Salaam,
Reporting to: Chief of Party
The National Council of People Living with HIV (NACOPHA) is a national Non-Governmental Organization responsible form coordinating efforts of PLHIV in thenational HIV response. NACOPHA is the highest body and voice representing all organizations/groups and individual PLHIV in mainland Tanzania.
With financial support from USAID, NACOPHA is currently implementing HEBU TUYAJENGE Project in 65 Councils; the aim of this project is to contribute to HIVepidemic control by increasing the adoption of higher impact community HIV preventive, care, and treatment services among at-risk adolescents, young women,and PLHIV in 65 high burden councils in Tanzania. HEBU TUYAJENGE achievements can be attained through empowered workforce, which has integrity, committed and self-motivated.
NACDPHA seeks an innovative, self-driven, dynamic and compelent qualified candidates to fill the Project Finance Director position.
The Finance Director will be responsible for the overall financial management of the project, including, but not limited to: the accounting, invoicing, contracts management, procurement oncluding administrative activities), and to ensures that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place in compliance with USG and PEPFAR regulations, policies and procedures, to meet generally accepted accounting practices & standards. Slhe will oversee the effective and appropriate use of financial resources of the project; devel op effective mechanisms to monitor the expenditures. The Rnance Director has the responsibility to track project expenses and to prepare both contractually agreed and ad-hoc financial reports and annual budget projections to ensure full compliance in accordance with USG and PEPFAR rules and regulations. The Project Finance Director is the key advisor to the Chief of party on all HEBU TUYAJENGE project related financial matters.
Key responsibilities and required skills and experience are detailed below.
- Provide overall strategic and financial management leadership on the project resources, and ensure all compliances as guided by the established financial protocols and practices by USAID and PEPFAR requirements, NACOPHA’s policies and good financial practices.
- Ensure compliance with all USAID policies, practices, and regulations; advise project staff on donor requirements; and provide training on financial manage ment, record-keeping, operational systems, and policies as needed.
- Develop and monitor budgets for the project.
- Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assess cost-effectiveness of methodologies proposed by the project leadership team.
- Prepare monthly invoices and quarterly financial reports, including projections and forecasting.
- Coordinate input for the annual work plan and budgeting process with the project team and partners.
- Oversee procurement of in-country commodities and other project equipment as needed, and as is guided by NACOPHA’s Procurement policies
- Coordinate communication with HEBU TUYAJENGE team on financial and operational issues, successes, and concerns.
- Ensure preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cash requests to USAID.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Provide information, advice and technical assistance to sub awardees and PLHIV Clusters on project related compliance issues such as financial reporting requirements, audit reports, procurement, and award monitoring.
- Manage disbursements to sub awardees and PLHIV clusters and monitor financial performance and progress toward objectives.
- Take leadership and facilitate timely of all project audit processes as required.
- Monitor and ensure overall financial compliance in accordance to agreements and contracts in place
- Provide support and facilitate the project close out
Job Opportunity at NACOPHA, Project Finance Director
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field with a GPA from a recognized University or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience supporting and working with activity technical staff to ensure resources are used eflicienUy and to accurately account for expenditures.
- Demonstrated success in managing finances for organizations with multi-million-dollar annual budgets.
- 7 (Seven) years of experience in a financial management capacity for a donor-funded activity of similar size, technical complexity, and setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Swahili, both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, and experience using commercially available accounting software including SAP.
- Demonstrated experience in program financial oversight including sub grant management including conducting risk assessments and building capacity for grant-worthiness.
- Experience in the management/accounting of Non-Government organization, USAID grants, cooperative agreements and contracts especially PEPFAR funded programs preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize worldoad with attention to detail.
MODE OF APPUCATION:
For all interested candidates send your CV with not less than three referees including Supervisor and Subordinate, copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the Human Resource Officer NACOPHA via email [email protected]
The deadline for application is on Monday, 29 March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be conlac- ted.
Note: this position is contingent upon donor funding. All offers conditional upon donor approval.
TAZAMA FURSA NYINGIE HAPA CHINI
- New Job Opportunity at PATH
- 1000 New Job Opportunities at The Walkers International (TWI)
- Job Opportunity at lntraHealth International – Chief of Party
- 3 New Job Opportunity at PATH,Various Post
- 3 New Job Opportunities At Aga Khan Foundation Tanzania, (Various Posts)
- 7 New Job Opportunity at Jassie and Company Limited