Job Opportunity at Room to Read, Facilitator, Financial literacyFacilitator, Financial literacy
The Life Skills Clubs Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and implementing the life skills club sessions and activities that are part of Room to Read’s larger Girls’ Education Program (GEP) in Bagamoyo, Chalinze and Kibaha Districts. The Life Skills Clubs have a primary focus on increasing girls’ financial literacy knowledge and skills. In collaboration with GEP staff and school focal teachers, the Club Facilitator works with parents to educate them about the importance of girls’ education by facilitating Community events and parent meetings. The majority of her time is spent with the girls at their schools. This position reports to the Girls’ Education Program Officer- Technical. The Life Skills Clubs Facilitator has no direct reports.
This position is project specific, and thus employment terms are anticipated to last a duration of 1 years, with the potential for further extension dependent on additional project funding. This role is a great fit for an enthusiastic and driven individual who is looking to build solid work experience in the NGO sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Implementation, Training, and Monitoring
- Organize and facilitate Room to Read’s life skills club activities with girls and support them to use such skills in their lives. This includes delivering sessions using a standard financial literacy curriculum, and coordinating related project activities with girls.
- Organize and facilitate Room to Read’s parent and community events to help girls share their skills and learning from life skills Clubs in relation to girls’ education.
- In collaboration with authorities at the school level organize and facilitates after school hours and holiday life skills clubs activities.
- Serve as a positive role model to girls , and engaging in other support activities as needed.
- Participate in regular trainings and meetings with Room to Read staff, as planned.
- Participate in donor site visits and provide information to donors about life Skills Clubs Component of Room to Read’s Girls’ Education Program as needed.
- Work with teachers/school authorities to provide additional support to girls.
- Participate in regular review meetings and any other activities that may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
Job Opportunity at Room to Read
Planning, Reporting and Documentation
- Monitor and keep written records of girls including Clubs and community events attendance, and participation in other program activities. Provide this data to POs when requested.
- Plan, conduct, and document and report results of club activities in schools of work.
- Document best practices, case studies, and lessons learned and share with the GEP Team.
- Diploma (tertiary experience or degree, preferred).
- 0-1 years of relevant work experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Organizational and planning skills including the ability to monitor progress of program implementation.
- Prior success working closely with children and/youth is preferable. Experience or familiarity with gender rights, girls’ education, youth development, and/or financial literacy is an advantage.
- Strong interest and/or passion in furthering girls’ education.
- Desire and ability to spend the majority of time providing direct support to girls at the school, or community.
- Experience with facilitation and/or delivering trainings is an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Fluency in language spoken by girls.
English fluency preferred.
Tanzania – Kibaha
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled