MATOKEO YA MTIHANI WA MAARIFA (QT) 2021/2022
Qualifying Test (QT)
The Qualifying Test examination will be administered to private candidates inteding to sit for the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE), but do not have Form II level secondary education.
The Qualifying Test will comprise questions from Civics, Cross Cutting issues, English Language, Kiswahili, Kiswahili, History, Geography, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
Qualifying Test draws as much as possible from the form I and II national syllabus but focus more on testing knowledge and skills equivalent to National Form II Examination.
The main objective of the Qualifying Test is to determine whether the prospective candidates have attained secondary education equivalent to form two level and thus are in a position to sit for the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE).
The examination will specifically test candidate’s ability to to:
- Interpret basic knowledge, facts, principles, concepts, and figures in the stated subjects.
- State, define and name basic knowledge, facts, principles, and concepts in the relevant subjects.
- Write correct language using proper grammar, structure and vocabulary in the subject tested
- Write a clear summary, answer comprehension questions and write a composition on a given passage, topic or subject.
- Demonstrate and interpret mathematical knowledge within a given context and manipulate set theory and application, and carry out simple differentiation and integration.
- Demonstrate use of knowledge and skills in Physics, Chemistry and Biology to solve problems which may involve unfamiliar situations.
- Use knowledge, concepts, laws, theories and principles of the Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in daily life.